- Feature Links
- COVID-19 Info
See Also: Public Safety Page
Below are some Covid-19 resources to help guide your family’s mental health during this time:
- Self-Care and Applying Psychological First Aid for COVID-19 Responders (YouTube: 13:56 minutes)
Provides the healthcare responder with just-in-time training on responder stress during COVID-19, and provides stress management strategies that should be implemented now to protect the healthcare work force.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak (PDF)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Managing Stress and the Threat of COVID-19 (PDF)
Understand common stress reactions to increase your ability to cope during a public health emergency such as COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Responder Self-Triage
Daily Responder Self-Triage checklist provides a way to look at and assess your stress level over a one week period.
- COVID-19 and Healthcare Responder Stress (PDF)
Healthcare responders are at higher than average risk for traumatic stress reactions because their work repeatedly exposes them to highly stressful situations.
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
NPR education reporter Cory Turner’s story about what kids want to know about coronavirus spurred creation of this comic.
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Fact sheet
Provided by the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource provided by the National Association of School Psychologists
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline and Text to Talk line